Tuesday 24 February 2015

A New Project

Evening all,

Long time no post.

For those of you who have got something out of my ramblings, I'm unfortunately not going to be restarting regular posting.

However, I recently came across an interesting new project, which is a new video technique breakdown series on YouTube.

What surprised me the most, was that when I got to the end of the video, they were kind enough to list this blog as inspiration for their work.

While my blog has always focused on basics and information for beginners, their's makes heavy use of competition examples and focuses on a throw I've never been able to do. I couldn't even throw a tantrum with Sode Tsuri Komi Goshi. It is, however, well made, detailed and a generally very well done piece of work.

So if, you like my blog, you may well like their output. They've only just started, so if you enjoy the video it may be worth a like and subscribe, so you can keep track of their future releases.


Oh, and if you're an old fogey like me, you may want to kill the sound after a minute or two.

Nanakorobi yaoki

13 comments:

  1. I've missed your postings. Good to see you're still kicking at least. I still point many newbies at our club to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just dropped by to tell you that I love your site, I hope you have something new lined up. Keep up the fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An uchimata breakdown would be great. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Blog! Lots of useful information and stuff! Greetings from Chile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a topic for you :)
    How do you do morote-seoi correctly? Especially the lapel hand? There seem to be different variations.

    The Japanese and Koreans both do a lot of drop-morote, but they look different. For example if you compare compare Min-ho Choi and Tadahiro Nomura. Baul-An and Ebinuma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya,
    Great articles. Not read them all yet. If you do requests, analysis of Yoko Guruma vs Uki Waza?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photograph links are all getting broken :(, any way to fix them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How are you doing? Hopefully you see this and all is well. I just wanted to say that after 10+ years this blog is still fantastic for so many beginners. We used to chat on the old JudoForum but I'm talking about 12+ years ago.

    I hope you never bring this blog down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow 10+ years I only found this today but its great

      Delete
  11. Thankyou for your inspirational posts. I wa fascinated by the use of 'couples' to ensure consistent kuzushi throughout the throw. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete